pachai maamalai pol mene

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

salute to my mother

अपि स्वर्णमयी लङ्का न मे लक्ष्मण रोचते।
जननी जन्मभूमिश्च स्वर्गादपि गरीयसी॥
api svarṇamayī laṅkā na me lakṣmaṇa rocate|
jananī janmabhūmiśca svargādapi garīyasī||
विजयतु सर्वदा मम भारतमाता

Lakshmana is impressed by the golden buildings and prosperity of Lanka but Rama yearns to rush back to India, he says" Lakshmana, I do not feel comfortable in this Lanka although it is built of pure gold. For me the company of my mother and my motherland is more delightful the stay in heaven itself.

Victory always  to my Bharatha Matha
this is from ramayana



A CONFESSION ON 15 AUGUST 2015




I was under the impression that
 "Api Swarnamayee Lanka Na me Lakshmana Rochate, Jananee Janmabhoomishcha Swargadapi gareeyasi "

was a full quote from Valmiki Ramayanam.. reported as spoken by Rama to Lakshmana 


I had even posted messages for Independent days in some earlier year quoting that slokam.. attributing it to Rama 



The much touted quote from Ramayana putting it in the words of Rama was a serious error.. And funnily I am not an exception but lakhs of people have been hoodwinked..


Nice to see  Raju mama's post, but I thought it necessary to clarify on one of the serious hoaxes going the rounds in the name of Rama 
For once, I realized how dangerous it can be to post without really looking up to original texts.. and how effectively I had made an idiot of myself..
Thanks Raju mama
(Shri Raju Viswanathan is a very learned person, a retired soldier and a man of music..a venerable soul.. I got the issue enlightened through his writings)


No comments:

Post a Comment