pachai maamalai pol mene

Tuesday, July 11, 2023

ony fairness should prevail.. Prayer or not



There is always a conflict of views in religious lore about morality and ethics in grant of prayers by the Divine..
I would love to trust that only prayers which are ethically pure would be answered..
My prayer that I should get undeserved ascendancy over another being when I fully know my request in unreasonable should go unheeded if I am to retain my faith in God and the purity of the idea of God ..
But as a man of flesh and blood, subjected to all the worldly desires and sense of expedienc, my allegience to God would decline if He does not answer my prayer even if I am not fair in my demand..
It is a baffling situaton..
We know many demons, rakshasas and even sages did penance and gained many unfair benefits.. as per puranas and other scriptures..
Because there is an impression that a sort of barter or bargain to the effect that if the one making prayer performed certain austerities or offered certain materials,
the Gods were bound to grant the demands or prayers of the devotee.
And this is the idea canvassed many spiritual texts and hymns
Having been exposed to both these conflicting ideas.. I am really caught in a dilemma
Still, when I am in my good sense, I would prefer that ony fairness should prevail.. Prayer or not..

No comments:

Post a Comment