pachai maamalai pol mene

Sunday, July 30, 2023

musings 156

Funny is my life.. People who are retired should have time in excess.. not knowing how to fill in the minutes, hours, days and months.. I am now retired from active professional life for the past four years or more.. and perhaps even during my official career, and espcially after retirement, I have done practically nothing that was really profitable...
But for me time is always at great shortage.. To read, write, think... i am just running short of time.. Collection of unread books, magazines, music which has not been listened to yet, commitments unfulfilled.. all threaten me.. not because of lack of assuredness or capacity, but because of sheer challenge of lack of time..
It seems that I have put into my life more than what I could digest..
A person watching my odd activities would think that I am wasting my time, and i am a sheer waste..
But I have loved this life..
And when the thought that there are not many years left arises, that gives a shock..
before sleeping eternally, there are miles to go.. to paraphrase Frost.. and so many chores remain undone..
How can one seek even Moksham without doing all that one loves to do in this life..
We cannot read books in company with god..

No comments:

Post a Comment