pachai maamalai pol mene

Monday, October 06, 2014

Parappanangadi



May 03 2014



Yesterday, while travelling from Palakkad to Kozhikode, I saw Parappanangadi Station.. From the age of three to eight, I have lived there.. Often I have run along that long railway platform.. No platform tickets then.. Even while sitting at home those days the station was always in my memories and dreams becuase my grandfather and Narayana mama would come from Palakkad by train once in a while and often I would go to station to receive and see them off.. The station is very near the BEM LP School where I had the first three years of schooling.. We would cover our way to school along the railway track and walking under the overbridge.. The platform was very long but the station was just a small bulilding fifty seven years ago.. All I could see in the platform that I could relate with my past was the old banyan tree...



No comments:

Post a Comment