pachai maamalai pol mene

Friday, April 26, 2024

In the name of spirituality and hinduism and brahminism so many false messages are floating.



In the name of spirituality and hinduism and brahminism so many false messages are floating.
Another trend is false translation on an estimate basis. presuming meanings and ideas that are not presented or even implied or remotely intended in the original text..
This result is ..conveying of very wrong messages.
And blatant lies are floated as anecdotes on the lives of our Revered gurus.
Instead of doing good to the community and society such things would make our community and culture as very cheap and deceitful.
People can keep quiet instead of doing such misrepresentation.
And the very wise followers who really know nothing but who want to show off share and forward such things without even reading.. lock stock and barrel.
I confess that I too present a slokam or two in these columns
. But before posting I refer to all possible and available sources. and resources.
And to carry out a translation of a Sanskrit or Vedic mantram even in a crude way it takes hours and hours of labour. References to texts, and modern libraries and traditional lexicons like Shabda Kalpadrumam, Vachaspateeyam,Nighantu, Amaram and so on.
And bhasyams of great masters like Shankara and Sayanaachary and Bhattabhaskara among others.
So I get genuinely uneasy when I see such destructive trends.
I cannot help it.
God is a business for some.
God is a showpiece for some.
God is a vehicle for gaining cheap and undeserving popularity for some.
It is just moral ethical and spiritual degradation.
When I see such things I feel like running away
But I keep coming back too because there are a set of genuine friends for me here..and I cannot find them elsewhere
Regards
K v ananthanarayanan

No comments:

Post a Comment