pachai maamalai pol mene

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

He is the doctor

yes,
 शरीरे जर्जरीभूते व्याधिग्रस्ते कलेबरे 
औषधम् जाह्नवी तोयम् वैद्यो नारयणो हरिः
śarīre jarjarībhūte vyādhigraste kalebare 
auṣadham jāhnavī toyam vaidyo nārayaṇo hariḥ. 
(when the human body is afflicted with old age and diseases, the only medicine is the holy waters of Ganga and the solitary doctor in the Lord Narayana himself)

 In fact one has to say it is not disease but death that has no cure.. because it is a natural process like birth.. and it is only a state of the jeeva for a pre ordained period decided by the blessed lord.  One need not worry about the cancer that afflicts the body, there is another sort of cancer, may be we call it arrogance, ill will to others, anger  and so one which afflicts the psyche and it neither kills nor allows us to live in gods blessed state. 
I forwarded a message on cancer I received only because it is a prayer for our fellow human beings...I dont know for myself whether there is real cure for cancer, but I have seen people succumb to worry when they are aware of this malady and the worry sometimes is more dangerous than the disease itself.
I had an elderly friend who was the embodiment of happiness, and he spread his optimism and goodwill wherever he went. A large number of friends used to call him ammavan (uncle).  The man was not affluent but very rich in love for others. Suddenly for some days he was having sore throat and when it  persisted, he went to a speciality hospital and was diagnosed of  throat cancer. The man's mirth simply disappeared.  He went into a shell.  All words of comfort were in vain. On my part, all I could do was to hand over a picture of Guruvayurappan which I was keeping with myself for a long time.  When he took it I saw a light on his eyes which was not of this world.  Of course the disease is cruel and the worry is still more cruel and without much warning he passed away within a fortnight.  But the light I saw in his eyes when he saw the picture of Guruvayurappan still lingers in my mind after three decades.  The lord is the vaidya because He can keep company to our soul and lead it away peacefully when the ordained day comes.
What are we before His divine will?  
Namaskarams.  Krishnaarpanam.

--
।श्रीकृष्णो रक्षतु।
|śrīkṛṣṇo rakṣatu|
Have a nice and happy day
with profound respect and warm regards
K V Ananthanarayanan
(kanfusion)
blog   http://kanfusion.blogspot.com/
त्यजन्तु बान्धवाः सर्वे निन्दन्तु गुरवो जनाःI
तदापि परमानन्दो गोविन्दो मम जीवनंII
let all my relatives abandon me, let the great people insult me, still I am in supreme bliss since my life  is GOVINDA alone.
Iकृष्णात् परं किमपि तत्वं अहं न जाने"I

No comments:

Post a Comment