pachai maamalai pol mene

Saturday, March 02, 2024

musings 257



Sometimes blood is indeed thicker than anything else.. And the confidence that we gain in the presence of our own blood is beyond description
One of my first cousins and myself had drifted apart so much and we were not even in talking terms for quite long..
The reasons could be serious or silly..
Once, he wanted to join a library, where a member should have the guarantee of another member.. and that guarantor would have to make good any losses causes by the new entrants defaults
The books were indeed very valuable, and some books were rare and irreplaceable too
My cousin, when asked for a guarantee, told the librarian that his cousin will sign for him.. and mentioned my name too.
I was quite well known to the librarian and he admitted the new member without any fuss//
Next time, when I visited the library, the librarian just showed me the application form and asked me to sign the guarantee part.. And the librarian had already lent books to that brother.. presuming that I would sign..
Of course, I signed without a second thought..
After all in talking terms or not , he is my blood, he is my brother.
And my cousin knew that..
life is like that..musings

No comments:

Post a Comment