pachai maamalai pol mene

Sunday, January 26, 2020

beautiful life of india



उपहूताः इह गावः उपहूताः अजावयः॥
यजुर्वेदे ३-३०-२
upahūtāḥ iha gāvaḥ upahūtāḥ ajāvayaḥ||
yajurvede 3-30-2

A great statement in yajurvedam

The cows are all near me,
my cows are all assembled nearby
from where they can hear me and I too can hear them

The goats and sheep are all near me,
my goats and sheep are all assembled nearby
from where they can hear me and I too can hear them

The most coveted and valuable possession of the vedic man were his cattle, his cows, goats and sheep.

He could survive,
sustain himself,
proceed with his rudimentary agricultural activity,
only with the help of cattle..
The cows gave him milk,
milk products and manure..
The oxen enabled them to till the soil and do the transporting.. The goats gave milk and other products..
The Sheep gave material for cothing..

The vedic man could feel safe and secure
if and only if
his cattle were assembled near him
and
could return their mooings and bleating when the masters called them.

What a simple but nice life.. millenniums ago!..

No comments:

Post a Comment