pachai maamalai pol mene

Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Musings 60

In one of my posts, I happened to quote something from Bible with great appreciation and approval..
Some well meaning friend made the following remark

by quoting Christ while being a Hindu you stand a chance of being criticised for being anti Hindu, as Smt. SudhaRaghunathan for her singing christian songs in her musical concerts !


My reply is this
"Do you think I would care about being criticized?
I am a human being.
Hinduism is just a religion.
And I write to express my convictions and I do not care about what trollers and the like say."

In fact I am sorry if anyone who reads me presumes that what I write and post is in furtherance of Hinduism as such.
I have practiced Hinduism for six and half decades, and I have discovered many great things in that religion.. I write about those great things because those things are really great and would play a very positive role in shaping human welfare and brotherhood.. I do not write because I am a Hindu.. My being a Hindu or not is not relevant at all.
And I have to confess that as a practitioner of Hinduism, I know about Hinduism in greater detail than about Islam or Christianity or any other faith or religion.. I have no hesitation or inhibitions in praising and quoting whatever I find as great and monumental in any such faiths too..

To evaluate the merits and demerits of a principle just on the basis of the religion that espouses that principle is not right, not fair and can be potentially dangerous too..

Religions are there just to bond people, to foster love and compassion.. They are not there to create fight, friction and schism..

No comments:

Post a Comment