pachai maamalai pol mene

Thursday, July 20, 2023

musings 153



I feel caught miserably in the horns of a dilemma..
I happened to read some quotes from a great sacred text.. with very apparent spelling errors which would surely render the quotes either meaningless or would give unexpected meanings..
If I point them out, I may be faulted as showing off my knowledge.. for being arrogant..
Even a private message is likely to evince the same feedback.
The author will not like it.. Even though I may not be reprimanded openly, I may be cursed in private..
But if I keep quiet, and if the quotes are read by someone with earnestness and seriousness and if the faulty version is accepted at face value, it will be a disrespect to the Holy Being.. may be it can amount to blasphemy..
I am not an angel myself, I do admit
While keying out lots and lots of sensible and nonsensical words in multiple languages, I do commit lot of spelling errors as well as factual errors that might distort the content.
.Frankly, when I find them out, I do curse myself.. But I cannot deny the fact that I become resentful when someone else points out my mistakes..
I really do not know whether I am right in keeping quiet after seeing that..
Will I not showing disrespect to the Holy being by keeping quiet?
I really do not know..
But I choose to keep quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment