pachai maamalai pol mene

Wednesday, December 18, 2019

musings 88




Life is too short and too silly if there are good mornings and good night and exchange of pleasantries alone..

I had once written about an elderly friend of mine.. who would just say good morning to every one every time he meets them..
I am sure people would start avoiding such people after a couple of days..
I am also living a life of mine, almost solitary with only books to read and Gods to worship..
I post in Facebook when I find some leisure from my reading and worship..
I am not bored at all about what I do..
I have been doing it for many years during my student days and am doing it after my retirement..
I never bunked a class or a laboratory session throughout my life of seven years in Government Victoria College, and I was a good enough student.. But I have very few extra curricular activities..
I never failed in any academic exam.. Failures were in store for me in the stiff competitions for livelihood..
I did well in my High School too..


You may say it is a vegetable life.. but I am happy and proud of it..

My perspective is that which would matter to me.. I can easily ignore the opinions of others..

But as my fate would have it, my life in the Incometax department was always too stressful, too busy, too much interaction with people.. many times with doubtful credentials, hitting below the belt to earn revenue for the Government and so on..
I am not sorry for it..
Whether I earned well I do not know, and had I earned better my family would have been happier, but I am pleased with myself that I did my service to my India..even though it was for a salary..
And once retired from that job I am back with my reading and thinking..
Maybe I am impatient with mediocrity..
But then I am like that.. I would not allow mediocrity for myself even.. I will push myself to the extremes in order to be good in what I think are worth while..





No comments:

Post a Comment