pachai maamalai pol mene

Thursday, February 01, 2024

musings 236



To praise anything is okay in a decent society. unless such praise would cause very grave detriment to something or someone else..
Of course decency is also a product of culture, and if all including the subject of praise ignores it, it is okay..
I understand fully that God is definitely not a fool to listen to the entreaties of His believers and act in their favour, or send retributions to people just because they deride Him or refuses to place their trust in Him..
But the tendency to curse, deny, or decry something or somebody without tangible reasons, be it God or friend or even enemy, reveals lack of culture, tolerance, and many other nice things we have accepted as the foundations for a decent society..
Nothing wrong in saying even that God does not exist, but to say that God is cruel, indecent, partial etc, when one is not even sure of His existence is simply a third rate action..( I can use an epithet galore against such people.. but my words imply all that without saying so many words)..
If I have a friend and I say that he is attractive, generous etc, even if it not exactly right, nothing is lost. But if I blurt out that my friend or anybody is a cheat, a moron etc, without adequate data ( or even in case the data justifies it) I am being indecent.. In a decent society it is not my business to hurt others..
I know it was not necessary for me comment, but something in me rebels when people decry God without reason..

No comments:

Post a Comment