pachai maamalai pol mene

Saturday, August 01, 2026

Someone called me a self-proclaimed scholar.. Am I?

 



Someone called me a self-proclaimed scholar.. Am I?

I have never proclaimed myself as a scholar of any eminence..

but in academic parlance -anyone who goes to school.. even a primary school student is a scholar..

the word has evolved only from school..

I am still a student, a schoolboy. no doubt..

Regarding culinary skill, I have to confess that I have cooked rice for the pleasure of Mahaganapathy( in our temple) whom I have served as a priest or archaka even as a very small boy..

I have made even Payasam..
Of course, at home I have helped my mother and later my wife too, by giving expert comments on the lack of taste in the food they prepare..

I learnt from my father that his granfather was a Seenu Pattar (official Name is Narayana I know from tarpanam) and that he was a busy cook..

My periyappa who was a bachelor, went to Colombo as a butler.. in effect a Cook..

And I have some friends from all ages, who are great cooks..

I remember an elderly mama, who is as good as a blood relation to me was an excellent Charakku master and prepared nice Jaangris all the day..

No comments:

Post a Comment