pachai maamalai pol mene

Sunday, October 04, 2026

Maybe it is an obsession.. Anyway that is all my life is



I had occasion to see some minor error in usage somewhere.. 
I could have simply kept quiet.. But then the odd fellow inside me prompted me to criticise.. 
I did not mean to hurt the one who committed the error.. 
But then discretion is not the best part of me..
My rejoinder to that friend..

'Please do not take it as a personal affront..
I posted that in the interest of the languages and the scriptures and basically the spirit of divinity that we are expected to observe while dealing with the subject on hand..
I am in love with Sanskrit and Malayalam from the age of six or seven years and I got a crush English during my teens. Therefore  it is a love affair of more than half a century.
And therefore any injury suffered by these languages would somehow make me very uneasy..
If you see my track record. you will find that . I have written.. written and continue to write for the past four or five decades.
I use the language of law as a taxation professional.. 
And use the language of the academics as an analyst of Sanskrit literature..
I commit so many errors, I read, re read and correct myself.. 
Honestly I never spare myself or permit myself any concessions.
Even to this day I cannot treat a day as well spent unless I read at least hundred pages of printed material..
Maybe it is an obsession.. Anyway  that is all my life is.."

No comments:

Post a Comment