pachai maamalai pol mene

Sunday, October 04, 2026

Yes, the old Kandappan is always Kandappan



I have often laughed at myself in derision finding myself posting many silly things in Social Media  just minutes after making pious declarations to the effect that I would never participate in frivolities there..
I am relieved to see that many of my friends and foes who appear to be very sensible otherwise, make loud declarations that they are taking a few days off, or are leaving  permanently and all, and are found to be posting, singing and dancing  just within the next few minutes... with redoubled vigour.. Therefore   I am in excellent company..
குடிகாரன் பேச்சு விடிந்தாலே போச்சு
the declarations of a drunkard would disappear overnight..
Elders used to talk about Smashaana Vairagyam...श्मशान वैराग्यं
It means thoughts about the fleeting nature of life and a sense of detachment that arises when one visits a burial ground accompanying the mortal remains of a loved ..
There we feel that all the pomp and gaiety and all our snobbishness and silly intolerance are just of no value, as we too have to be in the burial ground sooner or later..
Anyway  we return home, have a meal or a good lunch, and become the old selves again, with all the bickerings, faction fights, comparisons and so on..
പണ്ടത്തെ കണ്ടപ്പന്‍ കണ്ടപ്പന്‍ തന്നെ
Yes, the old Kandappan is always Kandappan.

No comments:

Post a Comment