As a devout Hindu and a practicing brahmin,
I am one with you..
However, in the realm of thought, we can only take lessons from those whom we respect or ever revere.. we cannot afford to assert that any school of thought is absolutely right...
When we attempt to do that we tend to become dogmatic..
Ultimately, if I am honest, I should apply such philosophy to my life, experience the effects in my own life and then . can choose to embrace or reject it...
However, there are two situations..
I cannot say sugar is sweet without tasting it..even if Krishna said so (for arguments sake) in Gita..
But I will not say that I should taste poison and die to confirm that poison will kill..
In a practical sense, if any religion says that human beings should love one another and show tolerance we need not ask for proof to follow such dicta..
Nevertheless in matters which can cause harm and strife to others or which have little or no value other than dry rhetoric or dogma, one can never be so sure..
With due respects to all Gurus on the eve of Teachers day, I would say that the concept of showing respect to the Guru evolved only because of its social utility.. But dependence on guru should not mean that the disciple should jump out with a dagger and stab an innocent person just because the Guru said it.. It is better to have assertions originating from within ourselves, even at the risk of such assertions being not very perfect..
I take quotes from Gita or Bible or Marx, but the basic concept I try to present has to be on the basis of my own experience, however big or trivial a human being I am..
Paramahamsa Lived his life but I have to live my life and not him..
No comments:
Post a Comment