pachai maamalai pol mene

Sunday, September 13, 2026

She is the Mother of all beings that are alive..Shree Maatre namaH



Sree Maatre Namah
I was discussing about Lalitha Sahasranamam with a person from a different faith.
While discussing the meaning of Her name, "Stanabhaara dalan Madhya pattabandha valitraya-meaning "स्तनभारदलन्मध्य पट्टबन्धवलित्रया --She whose waist,breaking under the weight of Her breasts get a supporting belt in the three folds of Her abdomen"(meaning as given in Lalitha sahasranamampublished by Ramakrishna Math), my friend(can I call him a friend?) wondered whether we Hindus described our Deities also with a tint of sexiness.

All I could reply was that She is the Mother of all beings that are alive and She has given birth to all  and Her breasts are brimming with the lifegiving nectar with which she feeds all of us and therefore it was only natural that they are so heavy.
No one ever will feel sexy about the breast of his mother which fed him and nourished him with life.
I just mentioned this only to cite an example where some people try to misinterpret the sublime truths to cast aspersions on our religion which without any comparison in Human existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment