My knowledge in anything in this world including that in taxation became realistic only after I retired..
The moment we enter the Government office as employees, whatever may be our status, we just change, and wear a mantle of superiority, and just delude ourselves that the world, the Government and all things under the sun just are in their proper places only because of our presence..
When we watch with some glee and with a lot of jealousy that everything runs well even without our presence, then alone the delusion is removed.. and we start living..
I think I was living in a blunder-land from age 22 to 60.
Of course, we start to face the realities of life after we demit our offices and initially we might be baffled..But then life is an efficient teacher.
Retired life is a period where we can at least try to prove our worth even a little without any tags of authority attached..
My reading, even in taxation has been much wider after I retired.. My perspectives are also very fair and balanced after leaving the office( at least I think so)..
So I feel retirement is a blessing of sorts
No comments:
Post a Comment